Blue Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies to Celebrate Greek Independence Day! Ζήτω η Ελλάδα! Long Live Greece! I’m all about the blue and white on March 25. Also known on the calendar as Greek Independence Day, it marks the start if the War of Independence in 1821.
Last year Figs & Feta celebrated with a Blue Velvet Cake. This year I’m celebrating with Blue Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies on the dessert table.
Super simple to prepare with just a few ingredients these cookies are about as festive as they can be for Greek Independence Day. So prepare your traditional family favorite dinner to celebrate. I’ve got you covered for dessert.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 10-15 drops blue food coloring (depending on which shade of blue you prefer)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil. Mix until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add food coloring and combine until the food coloring is incorporated.
- Gently mix in the white chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the mix for 30 minutes.
- When ready to scoop and bake, using a 2-tablespoon ice cream scooper, scoop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before cooling on a wire rack.
- Serve with chilled milk. (Or Ouzo.) ;)
©2016 by Alexandra Salidas Roll, Figs & Feta, LLC.
Recipe and photos by Alexandra Salidas Roll of Figs & Feta, LLC. Please do not reprint this recipe without permission. If you would like to feature this recipe on your blog or site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link your post to this one as the original source. Thank you!
If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and hashtag it #FIGSANDFETA and #GREEKMADESIMPLE. I’d love to see it!