Seasoned Breakfast Potatoes
I love potatoes. I especially love heavily seasoned breakfast potatoes with onions and bell peppers. Try these alongside Greek Eggs Benedict to round-out a perfectly delicious and totally satisfying Saturday brunch menu.
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, cut into 1 inch chunks (optional)
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Quickly boil the cut red potatoes for about 10 minutes, or until soft but not falling apart.
- Drain potatoes, and gently toss in a bowl with olive oil, garlic, onions, peppers and all seasonings.
- Pour potatoes into a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing once.
- Raise the heat to 500 and bake for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are browned and crispy.
- Fry in a heavy pan on the stove top, until crisp and brown.
- If needed, sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.
- Any type of potato can be used for this recipe. Onions and bell peppers are optional.
Recipe and photos by Alexandra Salidas Roll of Figs & Feta, LLC. Please do not reprint this recipe without permission. If you would like to feature this recipe on your blog or site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link your post to this one as the original source. Thank you!
If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and hashtag it #FIGSANDFETA and #GREEKMADESIMPLE. I’d love to see it!