Brown Butter Corn Cookies: Summer’s New Cookie
Yes, browned butter makes pasta delicious especially when topped with massive amounts of Mizithra cheese. But, browned butter is such a fun ingredient to play with in baking as well (see Almond Brown Butter Scones and Brown Butter Macadamia Nut Baklava).
The nuttiness of browned butter pairs so well with summer’s fresh corn in these Brown Butter Corn Cookies. What makes these even better, is using leftover corn that was charred on the grill the night before.
If summer had a cookie contest these tasty little gems would take first prize!
- ¾ cup butter, browned and cooled to room temperature
- ¾ cup fresh corn kernels, plus ½ cup extra
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Kosher salt for topping
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in a separate small bowl.
- Brown the butter and pour into blender. Cool for 10 minutes, then add ¾ cup corn and blend until smooth. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add brown sugar and mix until combined well.
- Mix in egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Fold in extra ½ cup corn kernels.
- Using a 1” ice cream scoop scoop onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press down to flatten slightly and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes, until cookies are golden.
- Cookies will be soft in the middle.
- Replace all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour for a great tasting gluten-free cookie!
Recipe and photos by Alexandra Salidas Roll of Figs & Feta, LLC. Please do not reprint this recipe without permission. If you would like to feature this recipe on your blog or site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link your post to this one as the original source. Thank you!
If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and hashtag it #FIGSANDFETA and #GREEKMADESIMPLE. I’d love to see it!