Fig and Brie Hand Pies : Just 3 ingredients!
The delicious taste sweet, fresh figs and creamy mild brie wrapped in a buttery flaky crust. Baked until browned and warm, these hand pies are a great appetizer to serve up at a cocktail party.
- 1 box pre-made pie crust, thawed to room temperature (usually there are 2 packages of pie crust per box. I'm using them both to yield 12 hand pies.)
- 4-5 fresh figs, sliced thin
- 12 slices Brie cheese
- Tools: pastry brush and fork
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out 1 roll of dough on a flowered surface.
- Using a knife or a rectangular cookie cutter, cut 6 slices of dough.
- Place a slice of Brie cheese and a slice of fresh fig on one side of the rectangle.
- Fold the dough over to create a pie, brush with a little water and seal with the prongs of a fork.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 10-12 minutes until the dough is golden brown.
- These can be made ahead of time, stored in the refrigerator for 2 hours and baked when you are ready to serve them up!
©2016 by Alexandra Salidas Roll, Figs & Feta, LLC.
Recipe and photos by Alexandra Salidas Roll of Figs & Feta, LLC. Please do not reprint this recipe without permission. If you would like to feature this recipe on your blog or site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link your post to this one as the original source. Thank you!
If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and hashtag it #FIGSANDFETA and #GREEKMADESIMPLE. I’d love to see it!