A Perfect Summer Side Dish
For me, potato salad is a must alongside Summer grilling so it’s right time we Greekify it – don’t you agree?
I’m merging a traditional Greek Village Salad with an American Potato Salad in one bowl and mixing it all together with a mayo-less tangy-garlicky-lemony-dressing (not that I have anything against mayo…). Topping it with crumbed Feta cheese and chopped basil makes it the perfect potato salad to serve up at your next backyard gathering.
- 2 pounds unpeeled new/red potatoes, cut into cubes (5 cups)
- 1 medium bell pepper or tri-color peppers, sliced and cut into 1 inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1 medium English cucumber, cut into 1 inch pieces (2 cups)
- ½ red onion, sliced thin (½ cup)
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup Italian Parsley, chopped rough OR ¼ cup Basil, Julienned
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or pressed for more garlicky flavor
- Place potatoes in a steamer basket and steam for 18-20 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Prepare the dressing: whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl until blended, set aside.
- Add potatoes and all other ingredients except Feta cheese, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Top with feta cheese, chopped Italian parsley or fresh Basil just before serving.
©2015 by Alexandra Salidas Roll, Figs & Feta, LLC.
Recipe and photos by Alexandra Salidas Roll of Figs & Feta, LLC. Please do not reprint this recipe without permission. If you would like to feature this recipe on your blog or site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link your post to this one as the original source. Thank you!
If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and hashtag it #FIGSANDFETA and #GREEKMADESIMPLE. I’d love to see it!