My Version of Kopanisti:Tangy Feta Spread
So, there’s this really great traditional Greek dip called Kopanisti: a tangy feta spread made with feta cheese, garlic and roasted red peppers. It’s a great dip, fast and easy to make in the bowl of a food processor.
Serve with crackers, pita wedges or sliced cucumbers. Better yet…lather it on grilled corn-on-the-cob, top with bacon, fresh herbs and grated Mizithra cheese. So. Good.
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- ½ cup Greek Pepperoncini, stems and seeds removed
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor with the blade attachment and process until smooth.
- Serve this tangy dip with crackers, pita wedges or sliced cucumbers, or lather it on grilled corn-on-the-cob, top with bacon, fresh herbs and grated Mizethra cheese.
Recipe and photos by Alexandra Salidas Roll of Figs & Feta, LLC. Please do not reprint this recipe without permission. If you would like to feature this recipe on your blog or site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link your post to this one as the original source. Thank you!
If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and hashtag it #FIGSANDFETA and #GREEKMADESIMPLE. I’d love to see it!