A Delicious Topping
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Metaxa (or Bourbon)
- pinch of salt
- In a small pot, simmer sugar and water on medium heat. Do not stir, but rather swirl the pot until a deep amber color is reached.
- Remove from heat and slowly add the cream, stirring.
- Add Metaxa and a pinch of salt.
- Place back on the burner for another minute while stirring.
- Transfer to a heat safe jar or bottle and allow to cool, or serve warm.
©2015 by Alexandra Salidas Roll, Figs & Feta, LLC.
Recipe and photos by Alexandra Salidas Roll of Figs & Feta, LLC. Please do not reprint this recipe without permission. If you would like to feature this recipe on your blog or site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link your post to this one as the original source. Thank you!
If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and hashtag it #FIGSANDFETA and #GREEKMADESIMPLE. I’d love to see it!