Homemade and Delicious!
Homemade Oregano Pita Chips are so ridiculously easy to prepare. Once you taste these homemade chips, it’s quite possible you may never be able to bring yourself to purchase a bag of them at the grocery store again.
Let’s talk options, because there are plenty of them: Plain pita bread or whole wheat? Maybe Both? Olive oil, salt and pepper for sure. How about Oregano? Poppyseeds? Garlic? Rosemary? Cayenne Pepper? You see where I’m going with this…right?
While your pita chips are toasting away in the oven, quickly whip up a batch of Tzatziki, Spicy Hummus, Fava Dip, Roasted Eggplant Greek Yogurt Dip or my favorite: Zesti-Zesty Feta Dip. Your homemade pita chips will need something to dive into!
Cut pita into triangles and place flat on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- 6 round pita breads
- 1 cup olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Cut Pita circles into 6 triangles for larger chips, 16 for smaller chips.
- Brush both sides generously with olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides with dried oregano, kosher salt and garlic salt.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with your favorite dip
- These taste best when fresh out of the oven, however, they can also be stored for a day in an airtight container.
- If you aren't a fan of oregano other seasonings work well too, such as rosemary or thyme.
- My favorite dip to enjoy with these pita chips: Zesti-Zesty Feta Dip. Make both the dip and the pita chips in 30 minutes or less!
©2015 by Alexandra Salidas Roll, Figs & Feta, LLC.
Recipe and photos by Alexandra Salidas Roll of Figs & Feta, LLC. Please do not reprint this recipe without permission. If you would like to feature this recipe on your blog or site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link your post to this one as the original source. Thank you!
If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and hashtag it #FIGSANDFETA and #GREEKMADESIMPLE. I’d love to see it!